Updates, new releases, etc. CHeck out the new Windows Live website :
… Today Microsoft Corp. launched the next generation of Windows Live, providing consumers worldwide with a compelling new set of tools and services that help make it easier than ever to communicate and share with the important people in their lives, from anywhere they have Web access across multiple devices. And, with built- in security features, consumers can use Windows Live services with confidence.
A free and fun upgrade for the online and Windows experiences, the new Windows Live was launched today at http://www.windowslive.com and at events in New York and Los Angeles. To celebrate the launch, Microsoft is partnering with the children’s nonprofit Operation Smile (http://www.operationsmile.org) to encourage people to share smiles through Windows Live to help Operation Smile make a difference in the lives of children around the world.
Today’s Internet-savvy consumers are relying more and more on the Web to communicate and share with their friends and family, but they are also becoming increasingly frustrated with how difficult it is to keep track of all their e-mail accounts, photos, address books and other online information. In fact, visiting multiple Web sites to access the online information they need frustrates 61 percent of online consumers, according to a Harris Interactive Inc. study commissioned by Microsoft.* And more than two out of three online consumers (67 percent) agree that they would use an all-in-one service with a single username and password for organizing and managing everything they do online. …
… Windows Live is designed to enhance the online and Windows experiences with a set of online tools that bring the power of the Web right to the PC or mobile device, letting consumers communicate and share with the people they care about. The Windows Live set of services is composed of several free PC applications connected to services delivered over the Internet. Windows Live is available in one simple download experience that enables consumers to choose any or all of the Windows Live applications they want, and keep their software and services up to date as Microsoft and the rest of the industry continue to deliver new innovations over time.
Communicate. Stay close and connected how you want, wherever you are.
• Windows Live Mail. This desktop mail application provides users with easy access to their Hotmail account, the ability to aggregate multiple inboxes from other accounts such as AOL and Gmail and combine multiple contact lists into one, and simple access using a mobile phone. With the new @live.com e-mail address space, consumers have an opportunity for a new, cool e-mail address.
• Windows Live Messenger. Next-generation instant messaging with sharing, video calling and voice over Internet protocol capabilities makes communication easier, more personal and more fun.**
• Windows Live Spaces. Users can make memories with family and friends by creating photo albums, blogs, lists of favorites and links to personal videos.
Share. A simpler way to share your photos and express yourself online.
• Windows Live Photo Gallery. This is a complete solution for finding, fixing, organizing and sharing your photos and videos, as well as uploading them to Windows Live Spaces, Flickr or Soapbox on MSN Video with just a few clicks.
• Windows Live Events. This free event-planning, invitation and community-building application enables Windows Live customers to conveniently plan all the events in their lives, and to share photos and stories before, during and after those events.
• Windows Live Writer. This powerful software plus services application allows users to create and publish rich content to Windows Live Spaces and other blogging services, with a “what-you-see-is-what-you-get” (WYSIWYG) editor that makes it simple to add photos, maps, tags and more.
Access Anywhere. Connect easily and share information you want.
• Windows Live for Windows Mobile. This provides rich client-based or browser-based access to Windows Live from a Windows Mobile-based device, including Windows Live Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Spaces and more.
Safety. Enjoy a worry-free computing experience with built-in safety features.
• Windows Live OneCare Family Safety. This provides tools to help parents protect children from inappropriate online content and contacts.
Source: Microsoft’s Windows Live Free Online Services Available Now
Author: Date Published: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:00:00 GMT