I decided to start my gradual ‘opt-out’ of Sonos by first leaving the Beta Program. This means I will no longer test / contribute to improving Sonos. Although I certainly do not overestimate my personal contributions in this area, I decided I no longer want to be part of this because of the way Sonos is handling their product roadmap.
Ik hoop dat ik de “business case” op tijd rond kan krijgen …
En ik kan niet wachten om thuis met gele vla te gaan experimenteren
The Sonos SUB is a stunningly designed wireless subwoofer that takes the whole Sonos Wireless HiFi System one seismic step closer to the full body experience music was meant to be. http://www.sonos.com/sub
Zag zojuist een tweet van @michielveenstra voorbij komen die mij naar de Endgadget site bracht :
Sonos S3 / Play:3 wireless all-in-one speaker system leaked by the feds
… Look what the FCC dragged in: it’s a brand new, unannounced all-on-one speaker for inclusion in your Sonos wireless audio system. A mini S5, if you will, that goes by the name "Play:3" according to the black and white FCC labels — a hint at black and white offerings just like the S5. Curiously, the FCC docs also refer to the Play:3 as the "S3" in keeping with Sonos’ S5 nomenclature. Our friend Dave Zatz speculates that the diminutive size and name is a good indicator that the S3 / Play:3 will feature a trio of drivers and dedicated digital amplifiers, akin to the S5’s five (two tweeters, two mids, and a subwoofer). And you know what? We’d have to agree. Now, given the S3’s size and Sonos’ proven ability to use software to perfectly synchronize audio across dozens of Sonos boxes, you’ll have to forgive us for wondering if Sonos has a wireless 5.1 home theater solution up its sleeve. Well Sonos, do ya? Evidence of the Play:3 vs S3 naming conventions can be found after the break. ..
Meer op de Endgadget website : hier
For some weeks I had some issues using the Spotify Music Service on Sonos.
Audio streams would stutter or stop. Not a nice experience. What you do in such a case with Sonos is quite simple :
1. When the error occurs you create Diagnostics Info through the menu in one of your controllers. This info is automatically sent to Sonos Support
2. You email Sonos support with a short description of your problem and include the Diagnostics Info number which you just submitted
3. Within 24 hours you get a resolution
I apologize you are having some issues with Spotify. We are aware of such issues and I have flagged your system for a special update for Spotify. If you use the Desktop Controller Software you need to check for the update in order for it to be installed. On the menu click on Help (Sonos if a Mac) and then click on Check for updates. It should find the update and then you can start the update. After the update is done please try Spotify and let me know if you still experience any issues.
4. You run the update –> Problem Solved
In itself not rocket science, but apparently the whole support systems is very well thought through. Not only does someone answer your email (duh), but their technical support infrastructure allows them to target updates to those who need it. That’s a design thing and it works ..
Also its not the first time I asked for support and their response is 100% consistent and fast, no matter if you use email or twitter for example; someone contacts you very fast. And when you ask other people about their experience .. same response.
Great job Sonos, Thanks !
Tip : I suppose Sonos can also see that I use the Spotify Service. I really wouldn’t mind getting an email that explains “Some users are experiencing issues with XYZfeature, are you experiencing the same ?” Really I wouldn’t.
I would opt in for the Sonos “Pro-active support” feature instantly
Phonos has developed the 1st Sonos remote for Windows Phone 7 :
Easily control the music throughout your home using just your phone. Sonos is a fabulous multi-room music system, Phonos is a great way to control it.
- Choose music from your collection (by Artist, Album, Playlist, Track etc.)
- Choose music from Internet Radio, Line In, Music Shares, Sonos Playlists etc.
- See album artwork
- Control Volume/Mute
- Select Zones
- Bookmark favorite tracks
- Control Shuffle & Repeat modes
- Add and Remove tracks from the queue
- I have installed the trial version (the full version is GBP 7.99 in the UK markterplace).
The app works fine but currently still requires to connect via a PC or HomeServer.
- I hope the next release will show some improvements like a(better) use of the metro interface, as the current interface shows no imagination whatsoever.
- And that price, some on guys GBP 7.99 ?
- via: Phonos.org
Vandaag de Sonos geupdate. Waanzinnig hoe eenvoudig en “idiot-proof” dit systeem is …
• Crossfaden: Zorg voor vloeiende overgangen (fade out/fade in) tussen nummers, net zoals DJ’s dat doen.
• Instelling S5 als stereo set: Groepeer twee S5’s in dezelfde kamer, waarbij de ene S5 fungeert als het linkerkanaal en de andere als het rechterkanaal. Een perfecte oplossing voor grotere kamers.
• Meer radiostations en programma’s: Sonos heeft nu 100.000 gratis internetradiostations en programma’s – een hele wereld aan radio in elke kamer dus.
• Nieuwe alarminstellingen: Stel verschillende alarmen in voor verschillende dagen van de week.
• Meer talen: Bedien Sonos in het Japans en Vereenvoudigd Chinees met de Sonos Controller 200, Sonos Controller for iPhone en Sonos Controller voor Mac of pc.
Bron : Sonos.com